About Webber Wentzel
Webber Wentzel was founded in 1868 and is one of South Africa’s top law firms with offices in Johannesburg and Cape Town. The firm aims to provide clients with innovative solutions for their legal needs. Webber Wentzel was named Africa Law Firm of the Year at the African Legal Awards, Sub-Saharan Africa Legal Advisers of the Year at the European M&A Awards and Who’s Who South African Law Firm of the Year for five consecutive years. The company has an alliance with Linklaters, a multinational law firm in London and is associated with Africa Legal Network (ALN), an alliance of top tier law firms in the continent.
Webber Wentzel Scholarship
Webber Wentzel invites applicants who have the desire to be successful lawyers of the firm to apply for the Webber Wentzel Scholarship. The scholarship offers partial academic support worth ZAR 50,000 each to dedicated South African law students.
Webber Wentzel Scholarship Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizenship
- Students at a South African Institution
- Registered for a study towards an LLB law degree
- Minimum 65% academic average
- Disadvantaged backgrounds may be considered
- Proven financial need may be considered
How to Apply and Application Details
- Complete the Webber Wentzel Scholarship Application Form (pdf)
- Submit the below documents with your application form
- Certified copy of ID
- Academic transcripts of LLB law degree up to November of the current academic year
- Academic transcripts of any undergraduate qualification
- Matric certificate
- Certified copy of Parent(s)/ Guardians/ Spouse or your latest proof of income
- Sworn affidavits for each of your unemployed Parent(s)/ Guardians/ Spouse, if applicable
- Certified death certificate for each of your deceased Parent(s)/ Guardian/ Spouse OR sworn affidavits for each of the deceased in case death certificates are not available
- Certified copy of the divorce certificate if your parents/ you are divorced OR a sworn affidavit if they/you are separated
- Email completed application to: email@example.com
(Insert the words “Webber Wentzel Scholarship Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line)
Applications for Webber Wentzel scholarships are open from 01 September and close on 30 November (annually).
Webber Wentzel Graduate Recruitment Team
Phindile Hlabangane | Graduate Recruitment Manager
Tel: +27 11 530 5432.
Nokwazi Sibiya | Graduate Recruitment Consultant
Tel: +2711 530 5323