University of Witwatersrand Application Form 2019
Apply online by following these easy guidelines
You are encouraged to submit your application online, however, should you experience technical difficulties in doing so, you are encouraged to download an application form at https://www.wits.ac.za/applications/choosedownloads and have it submitted to the Student Enrolment Centre (by hand or registered mail) for processing.
- Step 1 – Click on the link above and select the relevant option. This will enable you to create a profile and password to continue with an online application. Please ensure you use your current e-mail address and current cell number as you will receive numerous e-mails and SMS’s to confirm your password whilst and after you have applied.
- Step 2 – Once your password has been created and you have confirmed your e-mail address you will be directed to the applications portal to start completing your application, a series of details are required (contact details, your employment information, your academic qualifications). Once you have entered all this information the last step would be to submit the application.
- Step 3 – At the time you submit the application an e-mail confirmation will be generated to you as confirmation the application has been officially submitted.
- Step 4 – You will need to upload your academic qualifications and any other additional documents required of you through the Student Self service Portal at https://self-service.wits.ac.za
- Step 5 – Once the application is submitted and all the required documents uploaded, the application is then complete and the School can evaluate your application accordingly.
How to upload supporting documents on self-service
The Checklist Explanation Document will guide you in defining the documents that are required for your application should you not be certain.
All required documents must be uploaded via the student self-service portal @ https://self-service.wits.ac.zaStudent ID is your person/student number; Password is your date of birth in the format ‘YYMMDD.
Student ID: Student Number/ Person Number
Password:If DOB is 1991/09/28 you enter in 910928
Once you have logged on, select ‘Student Centre’ look at your ‘To do’ list and click ‘Manage Documents’
Remember to save your documents and name them correctly as you can only upload them once against a particular category
The uploaded documents would reflect as ‘Not verified ‘on your profile, until they have been verified by the Admissions Office, they will then reflect as “Electronic”
Should your application be successful we would require the duly certified copies of all your academic qualifications to be submitted to the Student Enrolment Centre in hard copy before you can accept the offer online and proceed with registration
Should you need assistance during these steps you are welcome to contact us at the Student Call Centre at +27 (0)11 717 1888 and advise where on the system you need further assistance. We receive a large number of online applications without great difficulty but are happy to assist where necessary.
International applicants – Please Note:If you are an international applicant with Foreign Qualifications or a South African citizen who has studied at a Foreign institution, please be reminded that the University will require you to have these evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA ) before your application would be deemed as complete to be evaluated.
Download applications forms
Should you prefer to make a manual application you may download the application form and submit to our offices by hand or postal service. No faxed or emailed applications are acceptable.
Application forms must be posted or couried to :
Student Enrolment Centre
Solomon Mahlangu (Senate) House – Ground Floor
University of the Witwatersrand
1 Jan Smuts Avenue
Application fee payment details : Payment of the application fee, use the following banking details:
Standard Bank, Braamfontein Branch
Branch code: 004805
Account number: 200 346 385
SWIFT Code SBZAZAJJ
2018 and 2019 applications, please use the unique payment reference number on your application form as the reference.