University of Pretoria Application Fee
APPLICATION FEE WAIVED:
- Application fees are waived for students who apply for studies at the University of Pretoria if your household income is lower than or equal to R150 000 per annum.
- Online applicants must upload proof of income in STEP 12 of the online application process. This will serve as proof of payment, to allow you to verify and apply your form. These documents will be verified.
APPLICATION FEE: When you submit your study application, you will need to pay an application fee of R300 (30 US Dollars) for 2017.
- If your household income is more than R150 000 per annum please make use of the following payment options:
- Online credit card payment as part of this application submission, i.e. by paying with a valid credit card with sufficient funds and by entering the correct details.
- Note that the online application system can only process payments that reference valid credit card (Master, Visa, American Express or Diners Club) information, with sufficient funds.
- Use alternative mechanisms (eg Electronic Funds Transfer or a Bank deposit) to pay the application fee into the University of Pretoria’s bank account.
The Bank account into which payments can be made:
STANDARD BANK Hatfield Branch (011545)
Swift code for internationals: SBZAZAJJ
Account number: 012602604
- When making such deposits please quote your Online Study Application Number that would have been emailed to you as the payment reference (typically in the form T1234567).
- When making such deposits you must retain the proof of payment as you will be required to scan the proof of payment and upload this PDF file together with your other supporting documents. Please note! Your last steps would be to VERIFY and click on APPLY.
Information and Frequently Asked Questions: Study Application Fee
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I HAVE APPLIED?
After your application has been processed – whether it is an online or paper application – you will receive communication from the University of Pretoria, explaining how to access your Student Centre through the UP Student Portal, enabling you to track your progress and status, as well as other communications and possible outstanding items. Some applications for specialised fields might only be processed after the official closing date.
- ALLOCATION OF YOUR STUDENT NUMBER: If you have applied Online, you will receive a student number in your email inbox within approximately 15 working days after submission. Paper applications may take longer to process. You cannot access the student portal with your application number. Once you have a student number, you may create a profile as a new user on the portal.
- INFORMATION ON UNIVERSITY BURSARIES / FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE: Information on the application and allocation process will be sent to successful students by September. Candidates who are admitted after December should make enquiries at the Client Service Centre. The closing date for bursary or loan applications is 31 October. For comprehensive information please go to Fees and Funding.
- Postgraduate students are automatically considered for a UP Postgraduate Scholarship if they have enrolled before 31 May in the year of study. Scholarship awards are subject to approval by the Research Committee and are not guaranteed. Preference is given to students who enrol for a research Masters or Doctoral programme.
University of Pretoria Online Application
How To Apply To University of Pretoria
University of Pretoria Closing Dates
University of Pretoria Application Fee
University of Pretoria Admission Requirement
University of Pretoria Accommodation
University of Pretoria Admission Status
University of Pretoria Courses
University of Pretoria Contact Details
University of Pretoria Fees
University of Pretoria Short Courses
University of Pretoria Prospectus