We are looking for a HDV Driver reporting directly to the Branch Manager. This is a Local role, based in Secunda, Mpumalanga
You will ensure that all deliveries between branch, factory & customers are done.
Collection & Deliveries
- Loading / off-loading of tyres;
- Ensuring receipt of POD between branches & customers;
- Handing over POD to admin clerk for processing;
- Client liaison and accurate record keeping of all goods and transit.
Maintenance of Vehicle
- Daily vehicle inspection;
- Ensuring cleanliness of vehicle appearance;
- Ensure vehicle is serviced at correct intervals.
Health & Safety
- Utilize correct tools for the job;
- Utilization of correct PPE;
- Handle tools with care and keep them clean at all times;
- Ensure dressing rooms are always presentable and neat;
- Machines and Tools are always stored correctly and safely;
- Ensure that no company property gets damaged;
- Tyres are neatly packed and clearly marked for easy identification;
- Comply with the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act;
- Ensure personal protective equipment and facilities provided by the company are in good and clean working conditions.
- Signing of POD’s;
- All paperwork must be stored in a safe and dry place;
- Submit weekly fuel slips to admin clerk.
- Undertake all reasonable requests and instructions given verbally or in writing that falls within the parameters of your line of duty;
- Maintain a good working relationship with the customer.
- Compliance to health and safety procedures;
- Adhere to traffic regulations;
- Adhere to company policies and procedures;
- May be required to perform ad hoc duties including those of a General Worker.
- Good administration skills
- Product Knowledge
- Personal Hygiene and neatness
- Highly motivated
- Customer focused approach
Education and Experience
- Grade 12
- Proficiency in English
- Valid code EC1 or EC Driver’s License (Code 10)
- Valid code 10 PDP
- 2 Years HDV driving experience
- To be able to work without supervision
Check Out These Driving Job Vacancies
- Code 10/14 Truck Drivers (X13) – Bridgestone EMIA Vacancies KZN
- Dump Truck Operator, VUP x4 – De Beers Group Vacancies
- LDV Driver – Bridgestone EMIA, Springbok
Diversity and inclusion are a central part of Bridgestone EMEA’s values at the highest level.
This is key for our people to show a passion for excellence for improving society connected to the world in which we live.
Our commitment to diversity, is linked to our founders mission of ‘Serving Society with Superior Quality’, which is essential in shaping and creating the organization, serving all people, respectfully, connected to our business.
We recognize that everyone is different and that attracting, developing and retaining our employees will create a sustainable working environment which is essential to our success.
Bridgestone EMEA operates in more than 60 countries and employs over 16,000 employees in its offices and plants:
- 9 Sales Regions with offices in Birmingham, Warsaw, Paris, Madrid, Milan, Bad Hamburg, Moscow, Johannesburg, and Dubai
- 14 plants in France (Bethune), Belgium (Lanklaar and Liege), Italy (Bari), Poland (Stargard and Poznan), Hungary (Tatabanya), Spain (Bilbao, Puente San Miguel and Burgos), South Africa (Port Elizabeth and Brits), Russia (Ulyanovsk) and a joint venture in Turkey ( Izmit)
- A raw materials plant in Spain (Usansolo)
- A leading R&D facility in Italy
- A state of the art proving grounds in Italy and Sweden
- The EMEA headquarters in Zaventem, Belgium
1 CommentAdd a Comment