Shoprite Bursaries 2022
The bursaries are offered to both matriculants applying to higher education institutions as well as current tertiary education students in programmes such as pharmacy, chartered accounting, logistics and industrial engineering, IT, hospitality, retail business management and professional cookery.
Shoprite bursary range from R45 000 to R70 000 base on the field of study and institution. The bursary covers tuition, books and accommodation allowances. Any extra funds available from the amount granted will be paid in monthly installments. Grantees will be required to work for Shoprite with the same amount of time the bursary is awarded. In case of failed modules, these will be repeated at the bursary holder’s own finance. The awarded bursary will also be suspended but not canceled and reapplication will be allowed once the failed module is passed.
Shoprite offering bursaries within the following fields of study for 2020:
- Accounting (CA Stream): This accounting bursary aims at attracting and funding talented Chartered Accounting students to become part of our Finance team after completion of their studies.
- Information Technology: Bursary aims at attracting and funding future Innovative students who have a passion and a vision for ensuring dynamic outputs in an area known for ongoing change.
- Data Science: This bursary will help you cover your academic fees while you complete your university programme and guarantee you a spot in the academy when you graduate.
- Logistics/ Supply Chain: The Bursary aims at attracting and funding future Logistics and Supply Chain specialists to join the leading fast-moving consumer goods retailer in Africa on distribution and related activities.
- Retail/Hospitality Business Management: The Bursary aims at attracting and funding future Trainee Retail Managers who want to follow the lucrative management career in Retail.
- Pharmacy: The Bursary aims at attracting and funding talented Pharmacy and Pharmacy Technician students who have a passion for Health Care in the Retail Industry. The Bursary is available for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th-year students.
Shoprite opened its first store way back in 1979 and since then has become the largest supermarket retailer on the African continent. The company serves local communities with the lowest price possible. Shoprite has a wide range of products and services to satisfy around 35 million customers. Currently, the company has more than 2600 outlets in 15 countries across Africa and Indian Oceans islands.
Shoprite Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizenship
- Grade 12 with an average of 70% and above
- For Accounting (CA Stream – SAICA):
- A Bachelors of Accounting or BCompt, leading to CTA and qualifying for a registered articles program 60% plus.
- The Bursary is available for 1st, 2nd, 3rd year and Honours Students.
- For Information Technology:
- A relevant three year IT qualification with an average of 60% plus. (Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematical Science or Statistics)
- The Bursary is available for 1st, 2nd and 3rd-year students.
- For Data Science:
- Successful completion of at least your first year in Maths/ Applied Maths/ Statistics/ Computer Science.
- For Logistics/ Supply Chain:
- A Bachelors of Commerce: Logistics (Quantitative Management), Bachelor of Science: Operational Research or related degree/qualification with an average of 60% plus.
- The Bursary is available for 1st, 2nd, 3rd-year students.
- Retail/Hospitality Business Management:
- National Diploma: Retail Business or equivalent qualification with an average of 60% plus.
- The Bursary is available for 1st, 2nd, 3rd year and B-Tech Students.
- Intend on studying towards a BPharm qualification in 2020
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 70% in Matric
- Currently in Matric
- Students of relevant qualifications with an average of 60% and above
How to Apply and Application Details
- Visit https://shoprite-bursary.erecruit.co/candidateapp/Jobs/Browse.aspx to create an account first. Applicants can also use a LinkedIn account.
- Click on the available bursary opportunity and apply.
Also Apply For: Study Trust Bursary 2020
- Accounting (CA Stream) – 30 June 2020
- Information Technology – 30 June 2020
- Data Science – 30 June 2020
- Logistics/ Supply Chain – 30 June 2020
- Retail/Hospitality Business Management – 30 June 2020
- Pharmacy Bursary (1st Year) – 30 June 2020
Western Cape – Head Office
Address: Cnr William Dabs and Old Paarl Roads Brackenfell
7560 Western Cape South Africa
Post: PO Box 215 Brackenfell 7561 Western Cape South Africa
Address: Entrance 2 Fairbridge Mall Old Paarl Road Brackenfell South Africa
Address: Shop 23 Nedbank Plaza Steve Biko Street Arcadia Pretoria South Africa
Address: 1st Floor Ikusasa House 129 Fox Street Johannesburg South Africa
Tel: +27 (0) 21 9804000
Fax: +27 (0) 21 9804050