SAMAC NPC Bursary 2023
The Macadamias South Africa NPC was founded to share vital information and trends with macadamia growers, handlers, and service providers countrywide. It also conducts essential research and development to lead industry improvements and standard-setting. In South Africa, macadamia nut growers operate the country’s Mpumalanga and Limpopo provinces.
SAMAC offers financial assistance to deserving students who wish to study areas such as agriculture, forestry, food science, entomology, and plant pathology. Bursary values are calculated on a case-by-case basis with the total reviewed each year. Eligibility requirements include a strong academic record. Students with disabilities or from previously disadvantaged communities are urged to apply.
SAMAC NPC Bursary 2023
Apart from SAMAC dealing with macadamia farmers and industrial dealers, it supports education. It offers students pursuing or are yet to enroll for courses in the field of agriculture. You are eligible for the bursary if you cannot afford to raise fees for studying but wish or are pursuing the following:
- Agricultural Economics
- Bioresource Engineering (Agricultural Engineering)
- Extension and Rural development
- Food Science
- Forestry and Wood Science
- Plant Pathology
- National Diploma in Agricultural Management
- National Diploma in Forestry
- Any Masters/ Honors/Ph.D. in macadamia field
Once you are a beneficiary of the bursary, you receive annual funding based on your financial needs and case. Upon your graduation, you are to work in the SAMAC approved organization or institution in South Africa. They indulge you in macadamia related work for an equal period as that of funding.
We contact qualified candidates who appear on the shortlisted list. Consider your application unsuccessful when you do not receive any feedback by 31 March 2023.
SAMAC NPC Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
There are minimum application criteria that applicants need to satisfy before beginning the application process. You should meet all these requirements to have your applications considered.
- You must be a South African citizen
- Your current studies should be at a tertiary institution recognized in South Africa
- You should have a consistent and outstanding academic record
- Your background should be previously disadvantaged or impoverished
- It is advisable to apply if you suffer from any disabilities
As an undergraduate student,
- Learn Matric currently or have completed it
- You must study and qualify for a National Diploma, B Tech, or BSc. Undergraduate in Agriculture.
- You have high chances of obtaining the bursary if in your 3rd or 4th year of study.
Postgraduate students must meet the following criteria:
- You must have completed Matric.
- You should gear your field of study towards Honors, Masters, or Ph.D. related to macadamia.
Download the Application forms are from below:
- For the undergraduate student: SAMAC Bursary Application Form (Undergraduate) (.pdf)
- For the postgraduate student: SAMAC Bursary Application Form (Postgraduate) (.pdf)
Before submission of the application, accompany some of these documents with the forms. Failure to do this leads to disregard of your application.
- A certified copy of your ID
- A document of proof showing your official registration at a South African tertiary institution
- A document showing proof of income of your parents, guardians, or spouse.
These are requirements for undergraduate applicants.
- A Matric certificate or a certified copy of the certificate if completed
- If at the tertiary level, submit academic results of your June 2020 exams. In case you did not write exams, then submit a progress report for each subject.
Postgraduate applicants should attach the following.
- A certified copy of your Matric certificate
- Certified copy of the academic results of your June 2020 exams. If not studying this year, submit your latest results
- A certified copy of your official Degree certificates
- Write a research proposal related to macadamia
The submission of your application should be through [email protected] with specific details.
In the subject of the e-mail line, include whether you apply for a SAMAC bursary scheme: Undergraduate or a SAMAC Bursary Scheme: Postgraduate.
Applicants who are not contacted by 31 March 2023, must regard their application as being unsuccessful
The closing date of the SAMAC bursary date is 15 December 2020
Address: Unit 11, Ben Vista Office Park, 8 Edgar Road, Jansen Park 1459
Telephone Number: +27 12 349 1906
E-mail Address: [email protected]