SA Chefs – Bryan Montgomery Bursary Fund 2023
About South African Chefs Association (SACA)
The South African Chefs Association (SACA) was established in 1974 by a group of six chefs. SACA founders aims to have a represention of the interests of chefs, cooks and caterers at all levels across the country as well as advance the culinary art and science in South Africa. This objective is made possible through international food promotions, competitions, workshops, educational conferences and various other learning activities. The association has currently more than 9600 members which includes catering and hotel company directors, restaurateurs, chefs, cooks, culinary educators, apprentices and trainees.
South African Chefs Association (SACA) Bursaries
The South African Chefs Association offers the following bursaries:
BILL GALLAGHER STUDY ASSISTANCE FUND
This Fund offers financial assistance for the costs of educational materials such as textbooks and resources, uniforms, knives, course-related field visits, examination fees as well as course fee grants. No cash is given to selected applicants. This serves as a supplementary fund for the students who are already enrolled in training programmes to become a chef and require additional support to complete their studies.
BRYAN MONTGOMERY BURSARY FUND (BMBF)
This bursary fund grants financial support of R30 000 to cover the tuition fees of the current year of study at any SACA-approved culinary institution. No cash is awarded to the successful applicant, the fund is paid directly to the Training Provider to contribute towards the tuition fees.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
The following eligibilities are applicable to both the Bill Gallagher Study Assistance Fund and Bryan Montgomery Bursary Fund:
- South African citizenship
- Within 18 to 25 years old
- Grade 12 completion or any recognised equivalent
- Registered in a recognised training programme to continue a career in culinary arts at a SA Chefs Training Provider Member institution
- SA Chefs membership once enrolled at SA Chefs Training Provider Member institution
- The training programme should have at least 12 months duration
- Availability to SA Chefs and sponsors for PR purposes
How to Apply and Application Details
- Download and fill up the appropriate application form:
- Accompany application form with certified copies of the following:
- South African ID document
- Curriculum Vitae
- Acceptance letter from the Culinary Institution
- Motivation letter from Principal / Lecturer
- SACA membership number (for more info, click here)
- Send application form and all required documents through any of the following methods:
The South African Chefs Association, Attention: Daniella Wiener
Post: PO Box 291305, Melville, 2109
Email: [email protected]
Applications are evaluated by the Fund’s Selection Panel. Successful candidates will be informed in writing within two months after the closing date.
Opening & Closing Date
The application for the Bill Gallagher Study Assistance Fund is currently closed. Please check back later for the opening and closing date.
The application submission date for the Bryan Montgomery Bursary closing in 30 January 2020
Post: PO Box 291305 Melville, 2109
Tel: +27 11 482 7250
Fax: +27 11 482 7260
Email: [email protected]