About National Economic Education Trust
National Economic Education Trust (NEET) was established in the early 1990s to support the educational development of qualified youth from the disadvantaged community. The trust gives emphasis to math and science learners. It started with an initial grant of R30 Million Rand from the government. NEET also provides on-going assistance on the duration of the studies through their Student Management Portal, which facilitates internships and job opportunities whenever possible.
National Economic Education Trust Bursaries
The NEET bursary programme is an innovative scheme that aids disadvantaged but deserving students through tertiary education. NEET integrates bursary holders into their Student Management Portal. Student Management Portal is a web-based application that manages and monitors students academic progress.
NEET Bursary Terms:
- Parent/Guardians are requested to pay a monthly fee of R120.00 as contribution for the Student
Management Portal. Sponsor and Parent/Guardians can view student records via the SMP.
- The Minimum payout for Textbooks/ Stationery is R2000.00 per annum based on sponsor’s bursary amount. Request for books must be requested through a quotation from any bookshop which must display the student’s personal details, reference number and bookshop banking details.
- Present an Official Statement of Results from the Institution for the previous academic year, which will be subject to verification.
- Confirmation of Renewed bursaries will be sent via email and approval will be notified via sms or telephone before registration.
Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- Applicants who are interested in pursuing careers in the fields of Accounting, Agricultural Training and Development, Science and Technology
- South African citizen
- Students or already registered at an accredited South African tertiary institution
How to Apply and Application Details
- Download and complete the NEET Bursary Renewal Application Form.
- Attach certified copies of the following documents to be submitted with the application form:
- Latest pay-slip of parent / guardian. In the case of an unemployed parent/guardian/husband/wife, indicate “unemployed” on the declaration.
- Balance sheet if you are self-employed
- Proof of Residence
- Final Matric Results
- South African Identity Document of Applicant
- Acceptance Letter from University or University of Technology
- Passport size photo to be attached to the application form
- Send your application and complete documentation to: 3 Austin Road, Glen Austin, Midrand, 1685
Opening & Closing Date
Renewal: 15 January annually
Address: 3 Austin Road, Glen Austin, Midrand, 1685Tel: 010 224 0144Fax: 086 729 3208Email: email@example.com