MEd Education Management, Law and Policy
- a BEdHons degree/BEd (Postgraduate); or
- an applicable honours degree and a teacher’s diploma; and
- have achieved an average of at least 60% in the honours or related examination.
- grant a graduate of another university (either in South Africa or elsewhere) a status at the University that is equivalent to the status the student has at such other higher education institution;
- admit a person, who
- has passed examinations at another university or institution (either in South Africa or elsewhere) which Senate deems equivalent to or higher than the examinations prescribed for a degree at the University which are set as a prerequisite for admission to a particular postgraduate study programme or for the admission of such a person as a research student; ot
- in another manner has reached a standard of competence Senate considers adequate for the purposes of postgraduate study or research at the University as a student for a postgraduate degree or certificate.
MEd Education Management, Law and Policy, Additional Requirements
- meeting the minimum academic requirements required for admission;
- previous academic performance;
- applicable academic and/or teaching background;
- availability of supervision for the required research project;
- proven academic potential which may include academic communication and computer application skills;
- additionally, an interview may be requested;
- the requirements of professional registration bodies;
- the discretion of the head of department.
General Enquiries: +27 (0)12 420 4670 or Vida Moses, +27 (0)12 420 4216 [email protected]
Undergraduate: Thandi Mngomezulu +27 (0)12 420 5615 [email protected] or Hannie de Weerd +27 (0)12 420 5644 [email protected]
Postgraduate: Bronwynne Swarts +27 (0)12420 5679 [email protected] or Pulane Tau +27 (0)12 420 2725 [email protected],
Distance Education: Rita Venter +27 (0)12420 5589 [email protected] or Lorinda Theart +27 (0)12 420 4426 [email protected]