McMaster University Application
STEP 1: Research Your Options & Make A Plan
- Research McMaster’s program options that match your goals
- Explore McMaster’s campus via our Virtual Tour
- Visit our Campus In-Person (if desired/possible)
STEP 2: Apply to University (Online)
- Apply before the recommended deadline to ensure you application is processed without delays
- Select how you want to apply:
- Full-time or Part-time
- McMaster Returning Student
- Post-Degree student
- Senior (65 years of age and over)
- Visiting Student
- Continuing Student
- High School Enrichment
- Include a valid and unique e-mail address (McMaster uses your e-mail address to send important information).
- Add mcmaster.ca to your E-mail safe senders list by following the Mac Safe Senders guide.
- Review McMaster’s Statement for Application Fraud
STEP 3: Submit Supporting / Required Documentation
- Submit Supplementary Application if required (Please see our Dates and Deadlines and Program websites for applicable programs)
- Submit Supporting Documentation. Supporting documentation may include English Language Proficiency Requirements and official transcripts : Please see the English Language Requirements, Transcript and Documentation Information and Dates and Deadlines websites.
STEP 4: Stay Informed After Applying
- Monitor your application status (including the receipt of documents) via our portal
- Check our website for updates
- Visit our Campus (if you have not already done so)
- Check our portal or the OUAC website for offer(s) from McMaster
Note: McMaster will communicate an admission decision within four to eight weeks after an applicant’s file has been deemed “complete”
- Review the conditions of any offer(s) you receive
- Accept your offer as instructed on your Offer of Admission Letter.
- Complete the online Residence Application (if required/eligible) including deposit by the deadline listed on your Offer Letter.
STEP 6: Enrol in Classes
Visit START.mcmaster.ca for our ‘Quick Start’ Guide. Listed below is an overview of some of the major action items on our ‘Quick Start’ website.
- Review our Undergraduate Calendar for an overview of courses from your program
- Register (select classes, pay fees, setup email, etc.) as a new McMaster student
- Start classes and orient yourself to McMaster University
- Contact a student advisor in your faculty office if you have academic questions or concerns