We are looking for a LDV Driver reporting directly to the Facilities Manager.
This is a Local role, based in Springbok.
You will assist with the collection and transportation of goods. Maintain good customer relations by providing excellent customer service. Assist with breakdowns even after hours.
- Collection and transportation of goods
- Client liaison and accurate record keeping of all goods in transit
- Perform truck/car breakdown service as well as after hour breakdowns
- Daily vehicle inspection and ensure clean vehicle appearance at all times
- Ensure vehicle is serviced at correct intervals
- Adhere to traffic regulations
- Adherence to company policy and procedures
- Grade 12
- Valid Code 08 Drivers License & PDP
- Two years LDV Driving experience
- Self disciplined with high level of integrity
- Good English verbal and written communication skills
About Bridgestone Corporation
Bridgestone Corporation is the world’s largest manufacturer of tires and other rubber products. We employ over 140,000 people around the world, operate 3 technical centers and 178 manufacturing plants and sell products in more than 150 countries. “Serving Society with Superior Quality” has been our mission since Shojiro Ishibashi founded Bridgestone in 1931 and we look for individuals who share our passion to fulfill this mission.
Facilities & Resources
Bridgestone EMEA operates in more than 60 countries and employs over 16,000 employees in its offices and plants:
- 9 Sales Regions with offices in Birmingham, Warsaw, Paris, Madrid, Milan, Bad Hamburg, Moscow, Johannesburg, and Dubai
- 14 plants in France (Bethune), Belgium (Lanklaar and Liege), Italy (Bari), Poland (Stargard and Poznan), Hungary (Tatabanya), Spain (Bilbao, Puente San Miguel and Burgos), South Africa (Port Elizabeth and Brits), Russia (Ulyanovsk) and a joint venture in Turkey ( Izmit)
- A raw materials plant in Spain (Usansolo)
- A leading R&D facility in Italy
- A state of the art proving grounds in Italy and Sweden
- The EMEA headquarters in Zaventem, Belgium.
Sales & Products
With its leading materials technology, the company focuses on high-performance tyres:
- A major supplier of original equipment to car manufacturers (including VW/Audi
- BMW, Mercedes, General Motors, Toyota, Nissen- Renault, etc.)
- A pioneer in Run-Flat Technology tyres and major supplier to car manufacturers
- A leading manufacturer in the agricultural market
- A leading manufacturer in the motorcycle market
- A leading brand in the truck & bus replacement market and a leading supplier to vehicle
manufacturers (Mercedes, Renault, Volvo, Scania, MAN, DAF, Iveco, etc.)
Our tyres are sold under the Bridgestone, Firestone, Dayton and other brand names for :
- Passenger cars, 4×4 vehicles
- Trucks and buses
- All types of commercial, construction and off-the-road vehicles
- Tractors and agricultural machinery
- Motorcycles and scooters
- Motor sport
In addition to our Products, we also provide integrated fleet solutions as well as repair and maintenance services through our extensive fleet network.