KNUST Admission Forms 2020. Get all information related to admission to Kwame Nkrumah University of science and technology on this page. This page covers various types of admission requirements, cut-off points, closing date for the sale of the forms and many more.
KWAME NKRUMAH UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
PUBLIC NOTICE: ANY APPLICANT WHO MAKES ANY FORM OF SOLICITATION TO ANY PERSON OR GROUP OF PERSONS FOR THE PURPOSE OF INFLUENCING AND/OR GAINING INTO THE UNIVERSITY DOES SO AT HIS/HER OWN RISK.
- General Information for Applicants
- Undergraduate Programmes
- Postgraduate Programmes
- Accommodation for Applicants
KNUST Undergraduate Admission Forms 2020
KNUST Undergraduate Admission Forms for the 2020/2023 academic year now on sale The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology admission form for the 2020/2023 academic year is out.
KNUST Undergraduate Admission Requirements
WASSCE/SSSCE/GCE//IGCSE (Cambridge) ‘A’ & ‘O’ LEVELS/MATURE/ABCE/GBCE AND INTERNATIONAL BACCALAUREATE (IB) CANDIDATES
It is announced for the information of prospective Applicants (as specified above) and the general public that application e-vouchers to Degree/Top-Up Programmes of Study at the University for the 2020/2023 Academic Year are now on sale.
APPLICANTS WHO HAVE EXAMINATION RESULTS AS AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION AND APPLICANTS WHO WILL BE WRITING WASSCE IN MAY/JUNE, 2020 ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY.
APPLICANTS ARE EXPECTED TO CHECK THE MINIMUM ADMISSION ENTRY REQUIREMENTS BEFORE APPLY FOR ADMISSION.
The Sale of E-Voucher for the online Application is open to the following Applicants:
WASSCE/SSSCE Holders who have credits (A1-C6/A-D Respectively) in the following Three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credits (A1-C6/ A-D) in Three Elective Subjects with an Aggregate Score of 24 or better in the relevant Area of Study. OR
GENERAL BUSINESS CERTIFICATE (GBCE) Holders who possess passes in Three Compulsory Subjects including English Language and Mathematics and passes in any Three Elective Subjects.
ADVANCED LEVEL Holders with credits in at least Five (5) subjects at the GCE ‘O’ Level (or its equivalent) including English Language and Mathematics plus at least Three (3) passes in the relevant subjects at the Advanced Level.
ADVANCED BUSINESS CERTIFICATE EXAMINATION (ABCE) Holders with passes in Three compulsory Subjects plus Three optional subjects relevant to the Programme of study, OR Applicants with Stage I of ACCA, ICA, Associate of Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB), Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) with credits at WASSCE/SSSCE in Three (3) Core Subjects and credits in Three (3) Elective Subjects or Six (6) credits at GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’ Level including English Language and Mathematics.
MATURE STUDENTS who have attained the age of 25 years or above at the time of Application and have credits in Five (5) GCE ‘O Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics, in addition to passing an Entrance Examination and /or Interview.
WASSCE/SSSCE Holders who have credits (A1-C6/ A-D, Respectively) in the following Three (3) Core Subjects: English Language, Mathematics and Integrated Science plus credits (A1-C6/A-D) in Three Elective Subjects with an Aggregate Score of 24 or better in the relevant Area of Study.
HND Holders with Three (3) years relevant working experience in addition to the Minimum Entry Requirements at WASSCE/SSSCE or Five (5) GCE O’ Level Credits including English Language and Mathematics.
FOREIGN APPLICANTS and all others who have any of the above qualifications or their equivalent from an accredited/recognized institution.
Applicants from French speaking Countries must in addition to the Minimum Entry Requirement provide a minimum of one-year English Proficiency Certificate.
POINTS OF SALE: All Ghana Post Regional and Designated Post Offices
APPLICATION PROCESSING FEE
GHANAIAN APPLICANTS – GH¢ 200.00.
FOREIGN APPLICANTS – USD 150.00.
GHANAIAN APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO PURCHASE THE E-VOUCHER FROM THE GHANA POST OFFICES.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TWO (2) COPIES OF THE ONLINE APPLICATION AND OTHER RELEVANT DOCUMENTS.
FOREIGN APPLICANTS ARE TO GENERATE AN E-VOUCHER FROM THE UNIVERSITY’S WEBSITE (HERE!) AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.
ALL COMPLETED APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED BY POST (EMS/DHL/UPS/FEDEX) TO THE DEPUTY REGISTRAR (ACADEMIC AFFAIRS) KNUST, KUMASI, GHANA ON OR BEFORE JULY 31ST, 2020 except for MATURE APPLICANTS WHO ARE TO SUBMIT ON OR BEFORE FRIDAY, 29TH MAY, 2020.
Any HAND DELIVERED Application shall not be PROCESSED.
ANY APPLICATION THAT IS NOT FULLY AND/ OR PROPERLY COMPLETED AT THE TIME OF SUBMISSION SHALL NOT BE PROCESSED AND/OR CONSIDERED.
For Information on programmes available and entry requirements, kindly visit our website
KNUST Programmes Available For 2020/2023 Academic Year
COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE AND NATURAL RESOURCES
- BSc Agriculture
- BSc Natural Resources Management
- BSc Post Harvest Technology
- BSc Dairy and Meat Science and Technology
- BSc Landscape Design and Management
- BSc Agricultural Biotechnology
- BSc Agribusiness Management
- BSc Forest Resources Technology
- BSc Aquaculture & Water Resources Management
COLLEGE OF HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
- BA Economics
- BA Geography and Rural Development
- BA Sociology
- BA Social Work
- BA Religious Studies
- BA History
- BA Political Studies
- BA French
- BA Akan
- BA Culture and Tourism
- BA English
- BSc Business Administration ((Human Resource Management/Management)
- BSc Business Administration (Marketing/International Business)
- BSc Business Administration (Accounting/Banking and Finance)
- BSc Business Administration (Logistics and Supply Chain Management/Business Information Technology)
- BSc. Hospitality and Tourism Management
- LLB (4 years for WASSCE/SSSCE/GBCE and Equivalent Holders)
- LLB (4 years for Degree Holders only) (Fee Paying only)
COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
- BSc Agricultural Engineering
- BSc Chemical Engineering
- BSc Civil Engineering
- BSc Geomatic Engineering (Geodetic Engineering)
- BSc Materials Engineering
- BSc Mechanical Engineering
- BSc Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- BSc Computer Engineering
- BSc Aerospace Engineering
- BSc Petroleum Engineering
- BSc Telecommunications Engineering
- BSc Geological Engineering
- BSc Biomedical Engineering
- BSc Petrochemical Engineering
- BSc Metallurgical Engineering
COLLEGE OF ART AND BUILT ENVIRONMENT
- BSc Architecture
- BSc Construction Technology & Management (Building Technology)
- BSc Quantity Surveying & Construction Economics (Building Technology)
- BSc Development Planning
- BSc Human Settlement Planning
- BSc Land Economy
- BSc Real Estate
- BFA Painting and Sculpture
- BA Communication Design (Graphic Design)
- BA Industrial Art
- BA Textile Design and Technology
- BA Fashion Design
- BA Integrated Rural Art and Industry
- BA Publishing Studies (Book Industry)
COLLEGE OF SCIENCE
- BSc Biochemistry
- BSc Food Science and Technology
- BSc Biological Sciences
- BSc Environmental Science
- BSc Chemistry
- BSc Computer Science
- BSc Mathematics
- BSc Statistics
- BSc Physics
- BSc Actuarial Science
- Doctor of Optometry (OD), Six (6) years
- BSc Meteorology and Climate Science
COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES
- Pharm D (Doctor of Pharmacy) Six (6) Years
- BSc Herbal Medicine
- BSc Human Biology (Medicine- to be followed by a 3-year Clinical Programme leading to
- MBChB Degree)
- BSc Medical Laboratory Technology
- BSc Sports and Exercise Science
- BSc Nursing
- BSc Midwifery
- BSc BDS Dental Surgery (Three (3) years of BSc Human Biology to be followed by a
- 3-year Clinical studies leading to the award of BDS Degree) (Fee Paying only)
- DVM (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine)
- BSc Sonography
- BSc Disability & Rehabilitation Studies (opened to Candidates with General Science; General
- Arts; Business; Visual Arts and Vocational/ Home Economics background)
ALL TOP- UP PROGRAMMES ARE FEE-PAYING ONLY
- BSC BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (HND HOLDERS)
- DOCTOR OF PHARMACY (PHARM D) TWO (2) YEARS
APPLICANTS MUST BE PRACTISING PHARMACIST WITH THREE (3) YEARS POST REGISTRATION EXPERIENCE
APPLICANTS ARE TO SUBMIT THEIR COMPLETED ONLINE APPLICATION TO THE DEAN, FACULTY OF PHARMACY, KNUST, KUMASI & HEAD, KNUST OFFICE, ACCRA.
DATE OF SUBMISSION – 30th JUNE 2020
Contact: +233 (0) 3220 61831/ 60444 / +233 (0) 500 482 807 / +233 (0) 240 130 946
A Fee-Paying Facility is available to Applicants who do not meet the Competitive Departmental/Faculty Requirements and Cut-Off Points but satisfy the Minimum Entry Requirements of Aggregate 24 or better. Applicants who wish to take advantage of this facility should indicate this when filling online Application forms.
APPLICANTS SHOULD TAKE NOTE OF THE FOLLOWING:
- ONLY RESULTS AND/OR DOCUMENTS PROVIDED BY APPLICANTS AT THE TIME OF SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION SHALL BE CONSIDERED.
- APPLICANTS (EXCLUDING AWAITING RESULTS CANDIDATES) SHALL INCLUDE IN THEIR APPLICATION FORMS PHOTOCOPIES OF THEIR RESULTS SLIPS AND/OR CERTIFICATES AS WELL AS CERTIFIED TRUE COPY OF BIRTH CERTIFICATE.
- APPLICANTS SHALL INCLUDE A CERTIFIED TRUE COPY OF THEIR BIRTH CERTIFICATE
- APPLICANTS SHALL INCLUDE ONE PASSPORT SIZE PHOTOGRAPH WITH A LIGHT GREEN BACKGROUND
- AN APPLICANT’S FAILURE TO INPUT EXAMINATION DETAILS (i.e. Index Number and Year of Exams) AND/ OR OTHER RELEVANT INFORMATION PROPERLY ONLINE SHALL DENY THE APPLICANT ADMISSION TO A PROGRAMME OF STUDY AT THE UNIVERSITY
- ADMISSIONS TO ALL PROGRAMMES OF STUDY AT THE UNIVERSITY ARE TRANSPARENTLY ADMINISTERED BY THE CENTRAL UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSIONS BOARD WITHOUT ANY OTHER CONSIDERATIONS AND/ OR SOLICITATIONS.
- ANY APPLICANT WHO MAKES ANY FORM OF SOLICITATION TO ANY PERSON OR GROUP OF PERSONS FOR THE PURPOSE OF INFLUENCING AND/OR GAINING ADMISSION INTO THE UNIVERSITY DOES SO AT HIS/HER OWN RISK.
ALL APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO VISIT THE UNIVERSIY’S WEBSITE AT https://apps.knust.edu.gh/admissions/ TO COMPLETE THEIR APPLICATION PROCESS ONLINE. APPLICANTS ARE TO USE THE LOGIN AND PIN NUMBER PROVIDED ON THE E-VOUCHER FOR THIS PURPOSE. FAILURE TO DO SO RENDERS THE APPLICATION INVALID.
APPLICANTS ARE TO NOTE THAT UPON RELEASE OF THE WAEC RESULTS, THE ADMISSION PORTAL WOULD BE OPENED FOR ONE (1) WEEK FOR APPLICANTS TO MAKE ANY AMENDMENTS WITH RESPECT TO THEIR NAMES, INDEX NUMBERS, YEAR OF EXAM, AND CHOICE OF PROGRAMMES ETC
Download the 2020/2023 Undergraduate Entry Requirements and GuidelinesDownload the 2020/2023 POSTGRADUATE ADMISSIONS Entry Requirements and Guidelines
Other useful links
KNUST Admission Forms Requirements
KNUST Admission Forms closing date 2020
KNUST Admission Forms cut-off points 2020
KNUST Distance Education Admission Forms 2020
KNUST Mature Admission Forms 2020
KNUST Non-Ghanaian Admission Forms 2020
KNUST Undergraduate Admission Forms 2020
KNUST Postgraduate Admission Forms 2020
KNUST Distance Learning Admission Forms 2020
KNUST International Applicants Admission Forms 2020
Watch this video for more insight
Share your thought with us at the comment section!