IIE Higher Certificate in Human Resource Practices – Distance
Human Resource Courses educate and qualify students to take up entry-level positions in human resource and payroll administration related jobs. The IIE Higher Certificate in Human Resource Practices aims to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to administer and conduct various human resource functions including payroll administration, which meets the requirement of the relevant legal and statutory requirements
You can specialize in Human Resource Management, or work your way up to a Human Resource Manager position. You could also specialize in Payroll Administration and Management or work as a Payroll Manager.
A National Senior Certificate (NSC ) with Higher Certificate admission- A minimum of 30 % for English is required; OR
• A National Certificate (Vocational) (NC(V) ) with Higher Certificate admission – A minimum of 40 % in English on either First Additional Language or Home Language level, with a minimum of 40% in Life Orientation and a minimum of 50% in four vocational subjects; OR
• A SC (without endorsement) or equivalent– A minimum of 5 subjects must be passed.
• Additional admission requirements apply to students with a School of Tomorrow (SOT) certificate. Please contact the Head of Department at the campus closest to you for more information.
International students must ensure that:
• They have an equivalent qualification to meet entrance criteria
• Their equivalent qualification is evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA)
Mature Age Exemption:
• Candidates must have attempted matric/Grade 12, attained the age of 23 before or during the first year of registration with three years’ work experience and proven ability relating to the proposed programme as well as adequate communicative skills; OR
• Candidates must have attained the age of 45 before or during the first year of registration.
RPL – demonstrate suitability for admission in terms of Senate’s resolution 6.6 of 20 October 2005 which allows for Senate’s discretionary conditional admission (if applicable).