IIE Bachelor of Commerce – Distance
The IIE Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) degree provides graduates with a broad-based business qualification that is invaluable in forging a career within the world of business. The Bachelor’s degree offers students a quality learning experience in the contemporary, dynamic and interesting field of business and strategic management. The degree is designed to prepare students for the increasingly complex demands they will face in the professional business environment. Graduates will enter the business world with solid theoretical knowledge supported by vital problem solving, critical thinking, decision-making and strategic skills. This Bachelor’s degree provides graduates with a highly marketable balance of knowledge, practical application and skills.
This degree will open up an attractive range of career options; this degree is a perfect stepping stone to a diverse and exciting range of business related career opportunities, depending on which core discipline you choose.
Marketing Management core discipline
• General Management
• Marketing Management
• Market Research
Strategic Management core discipline
• General Management
• Strategic Management
A National Certificate (Vocational) NC(V) with Degree admission – A minimum of 60 % in English on either First Additional Language or Home Language level AND Mathematics or Mathematical Literacy AND Life Orientation , with a minimum of 70% in the four vocational subjects is required; OR
• A Senior Certificate (SC) (with endorsement) or equivalent; OR
• Alternatively a Higher Certificate, an Advanced Certificate or 240 or 360 credit Diploma in a cognate field may satisfy the minimum admission requirements to degree studies.
International students must ensure that:
• you have an equivalent qualification to the aforementioned;
• your equivalent qualification is evaluated by Universities South Africa;
• you have a valid study visa issued in the name of The IIE that covers the duration of your studies.
If you have not met these minimum entry requirements but have an NSC with higher certificate or diploma entry into higher education, you may wish to consider registering for The IIE’s Higher Certificate in Business Principles and Practice (HBPP) first as a pathway to this degree. Further information on this qualification is available from our student advisor team.
Mature Age Exemption:
• Candidates having attained the age of 23 before or during the first year of registration with a senior certificate or equivalent with a minimum of 40% in at least four higher or standard grade subjects, at least three of which shall have been passed simultaneously and one of which shall be a recognised higher grade subject; OR
• Candidates must have attained the age of 45 before or during the first year of registration.
RPL – demonstrate suitability for admission in terms of Senate’s resolution 6.6 of 20 October 2005 which allows for Senate’s discretionary conditional admission (if applicable).
Please note, requirements for entry to this qualification are correct at the time of printing, however, these may change. At the time of registration, please check that the entry requirements have not changed.