University of KwaZulu Natal Applications 2023
How to Apply To University of KwaZulu Natal 2023
1. Online Web application- Click here to apply.
2.Paper based application- Click here to download an application form.
Please remember to upload the following documents (where applicable):
- Certified copy of your ID/passport.
- Certified copy of your National Senior/Matric Certificate or O/A Levels or relevant school leaving qualification/certificate.
- Proof from Universities South Africa (previously known as HESA), that you qualify for admission to degree studies at South Africa universities, if you are an international applicant. For more information, refer to the undergraduate prospectus
- Certified copies of your degree certificate(s), academic record and certificate of conduct, if you attended other universities.
- Proof of English proficiency for International applicants from non-English speaking countries.
- South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) evaluations if the previous qualification(s) was/were obtained at foreign universities (outside South Africa).
- A research proposal/proposed title of the dissertation/thesis if you are applying for a Masters Degree or PhD.
- A valid study visa to study in SA if you are an International applicant.
- Before applying online please make sure that you have read the guidelines above.
- Please ensure that you have the HESA/SAQA documents to be uploaded in order to complete your application.
- Please ensure to use reference APPN (followed by your student number) when making application fee payment.
- Please allow the system 24 hrs to 48 hrs to clear your payment.
- South African First time Undergraduate applicants must apply via CAO at: www.cao.ac.za
Applications Directly to UKZN
• If you have been registered at UDW, UN or UKZN before and would like to complete your studies or enroll for another undergraduate programme, you must apply directly to UKZN.
• If you would like to apply for undergraduate non-degree studies or for an undergraduate programme not listed in the CAO Handbook, you must apply directly to UKZN.
• If you have not studied before and would like to apply for admission in the second semester of an academic year, you have to apply directly to UKZN. Only limited programmes will consider first time applicants for entry into semester 2. Applications for semester 2 will only be considered if minimum requirements are met and if spaces are available.
• List your programme choices on page one of the application form. Please write the name of the programme in full.
• Provide your existing student number on page one of the application form if you have been registered before.
• Indicate if you which to apply for financial assistance.
• Indicate if you would like to be considered for accommodation in one of the UKZN residences.
• Enclose application fee or attach proof of payment.
• Return your completed application form with all the required documents and proof of payment of an application fee to the address on the front cover to reach us before or on the closing date.
• New applicants will be provided with a UKZN student number.
• Your student number must be quoted in all correspondence/enquiries to the UKZN.
• The UKZN will advise you of the outcome of your application in writing or by SMS.
- Undergraduate Application Procedures For First Time South African Applicants
- Semester 1: January 2019
- If you are a South African citizen and currently in Grade 12 or have completed.
your National Senior Certificate or Senior Certificate and have never studied at UKZN before,
you have to make application to UKZN by completing a Central Application Office (CAO)
- If you are currently registered (or have been registered) at another institution for undergraduate studies and wish to apply for a transfer to UKZN, you must also complete the CAO application form.
Where To Obtain A CAO Form
- CAO website click on link www.cao.ac.za to download OR
- Contact the CAO on 031 268 4444 OR
- Apply on line: consult www.cao.ac.za OR
- Write to [email protected] OR
- Application fee payable to CAO R220 on-time and R440 for late applications
• Grade 12 learners must submit certified copies of their Grade 11 results (plus any available Grade 12 results) and their ID documents with the applications.
• Applicant wishing to transfer from other Universities must submit certified copies of their National Senior Certificates/Senior certificates as well as complete academic transcripts from their previous/current Universities with their applications.
|Closing Dates For South African Citizens|
• Semester 1 (January intake)
• Medicine: 30 June : No late applications are accepted.
• All other programmes: 30 September.
|Semester 2: (August Intake)
• Apply directly to UKZN.
• Applications close on the 30 April.
• Application fee payable to UKZN R220.
University of KwaZulu Natal Online Application
How to Apply To University of KwaZulu Natal
University of KwaZulu Natal Application Form
University of KwaZulu Natal Application Fees
University of KwaZulu Natal Application Dates
University of KwaZulu Natal Westville Campus