University of Johannesburg Application 2022
How To Apply To University of Johannesburg 2022
UJ has TWO different methods of applying. You have the option to choose only ONE of the following:
ONLINE Web Application = FREE
OFFLINE Paper Application = R200 (click here to download the hardcopy application form)Important information
- Applicants must have a valid email address in order to apply online. All Communication with regard to your application will be sent via email/sms. Should you not have a valid email address you can create an email account using Gmail,Yahoo Mail or any other email provider you may prefer.
- Online application related enquiries may be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or you may contact the UJ Call Centre on 011 559 4555.
Qualifications phasing out and articulation/progression routes
Please click HERE to download a full list of undergraduate and postgraduate qualifications that will be phasing out. This list also contains articulation/progression routes for these phased out/phasing out qualifications.
Select category below to apply
Click here to see degree/diploma programmes on offer in 2022
Important information – New applicants
- In the case of applicants re-writing Grade 12 subjects, applications will be processed on the current results available. If Grade 12 has been written more than once then your combined results must be submitted with your application.
- Applicants writing the National Senior Certificate (NSC) through IEB or SACAI examining bodies can apply online by selecting “National Senior Certificate” under the Results Detail page of the online application process.
- Applicants currently in Grade 12 may be requested to provide certified copies of final Grade 11 results for verification and auditing purposes.
- Applicants may only apply for two study choices. These study choices can’t be amended once they have been chosen.
- Knowing the qualification requirements will avoid disappointment when applying. Therefore, ensure you consult with the 2019 Undergraduate Prospectus when completing your application.
Important information – Re-applicants/Transfer applicants/Senior applicants
- Applicants may only apply for two study choices. These study choices may not be amended once they have been chosen.
- Applicants already in possession of a UJ student number must use their existing student number when applying.
- To verify or update your cell number/email details – contact the UJ Call Centre on 011 559 4555.
- Applicants transferring from another university/tertiary institution are required to declare their previous studies when applying as well as upload a full academic record/transcript and degree/diploma certificate (if applicable). Please refer to “Document upload requirements when applying online” below for more information on uploading of documents.
- If you forgot your pin then select “Request a PIN” using your existing UJ student number. A PIN will be sent to you via email. Thereafter, login using your student number and PIN provided.
Checklist for applying
- Valid email address (Gmail or Yahoo mail account).
- Have the requirements for study choices been met (see prospectus).
- If residence is required then a deposit of R1220 must be paid.
- Certified and individually scanned documents if completed Grade 12 (see process below). Document upload requirements when applying online (not applicable to applicants currently in grade 12 or internal transfer/Senior applicants):
- All documents must be certified When uploading documents, ensure that the scanned file is a maximum of 512KB, and that all documents are scanned in any of the following types – tiff, pdf, jpg or gif
- Each document must be scanned and uploaded as separate attachments
- Alternatively, documents can be emailed to email@example.com with the provisional reference/student number noted in the subject line of the email.