Marriott Hotels is currently hiring Housekeepers (x20) for its luxurious suites based in Johannesburg and Cape Town. You will be reporting to the Hotel Manager in charge of Suites and Facilities.
Your Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Respond promptly to requests from guests and other departments.
- Fill cart with supplies and transport cart to assigned area.
- Enter guest rooms following procedures for gaining access and ensuring vacancy before entering.
- Replace guest amenities and supplies in rooms.
- Replace dirty linens and terry with clean items.
- Make beds and fold terry.
- Clean bathrooms. Remove trash, dirty linen, and room service items.
- Check that all appliances are present in the room and in working order.
- Straighten desk items, furniture, and appliances. Dust, polish, and remove marks from walls and furnishings.
- Vacuum carpets and performs floor care duties (e.g., in guest rooms and hallway).
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; properly store flammable materials.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Support team to reach common goals.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Move, lift, carry, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance and in excess of 25 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to push and pull a loaded housekeeping cart and other work-related equipment over sloping and uneven surfaces.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Stand, sit, kneel, or walk for an extended period across an entire work shift.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International’s luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy.
It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers.
JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.