Hatch Bursaries 2023
Hatch is inviting qualified candidates who wish to continue an Engineering career to apply for the Hatch bursary scheme. The bursary offers full cost as well as partial bursaries based on students’ academic needs.
The bursary is awarded to students who will pursue studies in Engineering fields in:
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
Bursaries will cover the following expenses:
- Allowances (Computer, textbooks and monthly)
- Accommodation or a travel allowance
- Vacation work
Hatch is an engineering company that has more than 60 years of business and professional experience in mining and infrastructure. The company’s expertise includes sustainable business, urban solutions and smart cities, responsible energy production, digital operations, mining innovation as well as water development. This expertise and services are provided for the metals and minerals, energy and the infrastructure industries.
Hatch also offers consulting services in the areas of corporate social responsibility, social enhancement and environmental footprint optimisation. Some of the known projects of the company are Muga Potash Plant in Spain, Apiacás Hydro Complex in Brazil, Davenport Diamond Rail Grade Separation in Canada and the Hatch-Glencore Technology Venture in Ontario, Canada.
Hatch has received various industry and project awards in corporate leadership, health and safety and project excellence recognition. It has maintained business ethics and sustainability through global compliance, responsibility and accountability, respect in the workplace, relationship building, confidentiality and privacy as well as fairness, integrity and honesty in dealings.
Hatch Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Full-time students in fields of study mentioned above
- Tertiary Students must have maintained an average academic achievement of 65% or above.
- Grade 12 students must have maintained an average academic achievement of 90% or above.
How to Apply and Application Details
- Register an account and profile by clicking here.
- Apply online by clicking the bursaries:
For Electrical Engineering Bursary, click here.
For Civil Engineering Bursary, click here.
For Chemical Engineering Bursary, click here.
For Mechanical Engineering Bursary, click here.
- Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your online application:
- Latest CV
- A certified copy of your ID document.
- A certified copy of your garde 11 final results AND Matric latest results, if currently in Matric.
- A certified copy of your matric certificate, if completed Matric.
- Proof of acceptance from a recognised tertiary institution (on tertiary letterhead)
- Full tertiary academic record, if currently at tertiary level
Also Aply For: Aurecon Bursaries South Africa
Not confirmed yet – currently open for application!
Thabiso Molakeng / Adeela Cajee
Tel: (011) 239 5300
Address: 58 Emerald Parkway Road Greenstone Hill, Johannesburg 1609 South Africa
Postal: Private Bag X20 Gallo Manor 2052 South Africa