How to Apply for Bursaries in South Africa?
Qualifying for a Bursary
Each bursary will often have a set of different requirements in order to qualify, often this will depend on what the organisation/company is looking for in its bursar. Eligibility requirements often found on application forms are:
- You have to be a South African citizen (or South African permanent residents)
- You have a strong academic history (some bursaries require good grades in certain subject – e.g. Maths/Science/Languages)
- You have currently been studying or intend to study within a specific field of study which is suitable for the bursary program
- You have currently been studying or you have applied to study at a recognized institution in South Africa
- You have a proven financial need (often by submitting proof of household income)
Applicants must ensure they meet all of the eligibility requirements for the Bursary to be considered.
The Application Process
The application process is usually straightforward and well explained. Once you know which field of study it is you are looking for, then you can begin completing the online bursary application forms.
- First, make sure you fulfill the bursary eligibility requirements
- Ensure you have all the information and documentation to complete the application form
- Use the bursary online application form (if available) or download a copy of the form to complete and submit
If you still have questions regarding the application process, please either provide a comment on the page itself or alternatively we have provided contact details where you can obtain further information or ask questions to the organisation or company directly.
List Of Latest Bursaries 2020 – 2023
All Bursaries South Africa has the latest online list of all available bursaries. You can find different bursary by looking at the different fields of study. Along with providing details on the organisation/company providing the bursary, we also provide links to the bursary online application form and tips on how to best complete the application forms.
You will be able to find all the available bursaries information listed here. Including- general, accounting, agricultural, commerce, construction, computer science, engineering, government sectors, journalism, law, music and performing arts, medical science, nursing, teaching & education, and many more field of studies. Please do ask any questions in the comments section of each bursary programme and we will look to get back to you as soon as possible.