As a Dump Truck Operator you will be responsible for the transportation of blasted ore from the working faces, and muck bays to the tipping points underground or to the surface stockpile area.
Your accountability will cover all activities relate d to the transportation and handling of ore with an articulated dump truck.
Our dedication to quality and high performance extends to our workforce, so we seek talented, ambitious people who will thrive in an environment which fosters individuality, inclusivity and creativity. If you like the idea of challenging and stimulating work in a diverse team, we’d like to hear from you.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to a culture of zero harm by adhering to all requirements as laid down by legislation and health, safety, environmental and security policies and procedures, and by the application of specific instructions to own work area and task completion.
- Take-over/ hand over shift from off/on-going Dump Truck operator, attend to any abnormalities first, and then report to the supervisor to receive further instructions.
- Perform visual Inspections of the Dump Truck before, and during operation according to departmental procedures to minimize breakdowns and operational losses by the timeous reporting of defects / abnormalities to Supervisor.
- Assists Engineering Department with scheduled maintenance and breakdown repairs on the Dump Truck
- Haul blasted material from one place to another
- Inspect material to ensure it has been loaded correctly Keep the truck clean and in good working order.
- Ensuring compliance to relevant systems, procedures, and standards
- Adhering to health, and safety standards, as well as procedures
- Building and maintaining relationships with team members
This role is in the Mining department at a BU level reporting to the Shift Boss.
- Grade 12 / N3 / Equivalent NQF Level 4 qualification
- Competent B certificate
- Required classification as per VTS testing for specific role (Orange +)
- Minimum of 3 years’ working experience of operating Development Dump Trucks in Trackless underground mining environment
- Previous experience in sub-level caving will be advantageous
- Willingness and ability to work shifts, do standby duties, callouts, and work overtime as per what the role will require
- Code B Driver’s License
- Medical Certificate of Fitness to work underground
- The post is dependent on the successful completion of the Company’s pre-employment protocol such as qualifications verification, relevant psychometric assessments and a clear security clearance
- The incumbent will be required to work shifts
Who We Are
De Beers Group is a company with a rich history and a sparkling future.
Since 1888 our experts have searched the world for nature’s most precious gem. Our diamonds bring beauty to the world. But we think they can do so much more. We want our diamonds, and our business, to make life brilliant – for our people, our customers and the world around us.
Venetia Mine is part of De Beers Group Managed Operations Business which integrates mines, operations and support functions in the De Beers Group producer countries of Canada and South Africa to shape a safe, sustainable future for De Beers Group’s people, shareholders, communities and partners.