BEdHons Mathematics Education
• a Bachelor’s degree and a teacher’s diploma/Postgraduate Certificate in Education (eg BA + HED); or
• a four year composite degree in Education (eg BEd, BAEd); or
• an M+4 appropriate teacher’s diploma, subject to specific approval; or
• an appropriate Advanced Diploma in Education; or
• another academic qualification and appropriate prior learning, considered equivalent by the Dean for admission to a specific package.
- Meeting the minimum academic requirements required for admission;
- Previous academic performance;
- Applicable academic and/or teaching background;
- Availability of supervision for the required research project;
- Proven academic potential which may include academic communication and computer application skills;
- Additionally, an interview may be requested;
- The requirements of professional registration bodies;
- The discretion of the head of department.
Examinations and pass requirements
A final-year student who has failed a maximum of three semester modules or their equivalent, with a final mark of at least 40% in each, may be admitted by the Dean to a special examination/s in these modules during January of the following year, provided that this will enable the student to comply with all the requirements for the degree.
General Enquiries: +27 (0)12 420 4670 or Vida Moses, +27 (0)12 420 4216 [email protected]
Undergraduate: Thandi Mngomezulu +27 (0)12 420 5615 [email protected] or Hannie de Weerd +27 (0)12 420 5644 [email protected]
Postgraduate: Bronwynne Swarts +27 (0)12420 5679 bronwynne.swart[email protected] or Pulane Tau +27 (0)12 420 2725 [email protected],
Distance Education: Rita Venter +27 (0)12420 5589 [email protected] or Lorinda Theart +27 (0)12 420 4426 [email protected]