Auditor-General South Africa (AGSA) Bursaries 2023
The Auditor-General of South Africa (AGSA) was founded in 1911 and is the supreme audit institution of South Africa. One of the major responsibility of AGSA is to audit and report on how the government spends the South African taxpayers’ money. AGSA provides audit reports on all government departments, public entities, municipalities and public institutions every year. In addition to this, reports on discretionary audits, performance audit, and other special audits are also presented.
AGSA bursary scheme provides financial support for all South African citizens regardless of race, color or creed, who wish to study Chartered Accountancy degrees.
The bursary covers tuition fees, hostel/university accommodation fees with meals or a living allowance and book allowance. Upon completion of studies, bursary holders will be required to serve articles with AGSA for at least 3 years.
AGSA Bursary Requirements and Eligibility
- Full-time students who wish to pursue studies in Chartered Accountancy fields such as BCom Accounting CA stream, Bachelor of Accounting CA stream and BCompt at a SAICA accredited university
- Only South African citizens
- Bursary holders are required to serve articles / enter into a training contract with the organisation on completion of their studies as per the bursary contract.
- Skills required includes:
- Strong English communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Initiative, determination and dedication to succeed
- Strong leadership ability
Matric student applying for 1st year:
- Matric exemption and university acceptance
- Minimum 60% in English and Mathematics (not Maths literacy)
1st years students applying for 2nd year:
- Minimum 60% in Financial Accounting.
- Minimum 60% or above in Maths and English in Martic.
- Pursuing Chartered Accountancy program.
2nd year students applying dor 3rd year:
- Minimum 60% or above in Financial Accounting and Management Accounting
- Pursuing the Chartered Accountancy program.
Final year students applying for POSTGRADUATE studies:
- Minimum 55% or above in all core modules of the chartered accountancy program
- Must obtain acceptance into the CTA program
How to Apply and Application Details
- Application for the 2019 academic year will reopen on August 1 2019.
- Once the application opens, register your profile on their website at http://www.agsa.co.za/Bursary2019/
- Submit certified copies of the documents as stated in the application in pdf format with 2mb maximum file size. These documents may include:
- Grade 11 and Grade 12 year-end results, for Grade 12 applicants
- University acceptance letter, for Grade 12 applicants
- Most recent full academic records, for 2nd, 3rd and final year applicants
- Acceptance letter into CTA programme, for 3rd and final year applicants
15 September Anually
Address: 300 Middel Street, New Muckleneuk, Pretoria, SAPost: PO Box 446 Pretoria 0001Telephone: 012-426-8000
Email: [email protected]